The route over Koncheto in Pirin (The Foal, The Horse) has a special place in the heart of every Bulgarian hiker. It crosses the main ridge of Pirin over the tiny bit of the ridge that attempts you to sit on it like on a horse and cross it that way. Rather airy panoramas of both sides – towards Bansko-Razlog Valley and the Valley of Struma River, are breathtaking. Koncheto is located not far from the highest peak of the mountain – the giant Mount Vihren and is part of the so called Marble Ridge of Northern Pirin.
We will visit them both in two separate days, walking from one hut to another. Another highlight of this tour are the century old conifer forests near Yavorov Hut, part of the Pirin National Park.
Day 1: Vihren Hut – Vihren Peak – Vihren Hut
Day 2: Vihren Hut – The Foal – Yavorov Hut
- NAVIGATION – all the navigation tools you need to plan and complete this route independently. We provide:
👉 Paper map of the route – send them abroad or to your hotel in Sofia;
👉 Route gpx tracks;
👉 Route notes with important info on the route and general advise;
👉 Assistance in using your navigation tools like smart phone apps, gps unit, installing the tracks, etc.
- CONSULTATION TALK – 1×30 min with us before your tour. We will answer all your questions and doubts, also help you in the preparation, planning or research for any necessary info.
- ROUTE ADJUSTMENTS – We will adjust the plan and the route within the same time frame for you, according your personal travel plans and preferences on the difficulty of the day walks, the accommodation type, etc.
- 24h emergency support during the trip;
- GPS unit;
- Transport, accommodation or food expenses;
- Luggage transfers, lift tickets;