The Bulgarian part of E4 follows some of the most interesting mountains of the country. Starting from Vitosha – the “home” mountain of the capital Sofia, through the tiny Verila, than the giant Rila – the top of the Balkans, the rocky jagged Pirin and the magnificent Slavyanka Mountains near the Greek border. It could be divided in different ways to separate stages, with average crossing duration of 14 days. The accommodation is mostly in mountain huts. The transport connections from/to Sofia are easy. A comprehensive introduction to the route is the E4 guidebook.
- NAVIGATION – all the navigation tools you need to plan and complete this route independently. We provide:
👉 Paper maps&guidebook of the route – send them abroad or to your hotel in Sofia:
👉 Route gpx tracks;
👉 Brief route notes with the most important info on the route and general advise;
👉 Assistance in using your navigation tools like smart phone apps, gps unit, installing the tracks, etc.
- CONSULTATION TALK – 2×30 min with us before your tour. We will answer all your questions and doubts, also help you in the preparation, planning or research for any necessary info.
- ROUTE ADJUSTMENTS – We will adjust the plan and the route within the same time frame for you, according your personal travel plans and preferences on the difficulty of the day walks, the accommodation type, etc.
- BACKUP SUPPORT – emergency support and assistance during the trip;
- GPS unit;
- Transport, accommodation or food expenses;
- Luggage transfers;