An 8-day hiking itinerary which is suitable for those who organize their own transport – rental or private car, as it consists of day walks to the most famous peaks, lakes and sights of the Rila and Pirin national parks. It would be suitable for avid walkers who like to spend 5 to 8h/day up the mountains, 6 days in a row.
The itinerary includes the highest peak of Pirin – Mount Vihren, as well as Mount Polezan. Also many of the beautiful glacial lakes of Pirin National Park – Todorini, Vasilashki, Bunderishki, Bezbog.
In the Rila Range you will visit the top of the Balkans – Mount Musala, with the group of Musalenski Lakes on the way, as well as the peak of Malyovitsa with the Dear`s Lake. These are the highest peak of Rila and the most beautiful peak and valley of the Rila Mountains. A connection between Rila and Pirin is a visit to the Rila Monastery and the Rila Monastery Nature Park on the way.
Day 1: Arrival in Bansko, Pirin Mountains, accommodation for 4 nights.
Day 2: Pirin Mountains – Polezan Peak, up to 2851m, 4:30h of walking.
Day 3: Pirin Mountains – Vasilashki&Bunderishki Lakes, up to 2600m, 7:30h of walking.
Day 4: Pirin Mountains – Mount Vihren, up to 2914m, 7h of walking.
Day 5: Pirin Mountains – Rila Monastery – Rila Mountains, Govedarsti – 3 night stay.
Day 6: Rila Mountains – Malyovitsa Peak, up to 2729m, 7h of walking.
Day 7: Rila Mountains – Musala Peak, up to 2925m, 6:30h of walking.
Day 8: Departure to Sofia.
- NAVIGATION – all the navigation tools you need to plan and complete this route independently. We provide:
👉 Paper maps of the route – send them abroad or to your hotel in Sofia:
👉 Route gpx tracks;
👉 Route notes with important info on the route and general advise;
👉 Assistance in using your navigation tools like smart phone apps, gps unit, installing the tracks, etc.
- CONSULTATION TALK – 2×30 min with us before your tour. We will answer all your questions and doubts, also help you in the preparation, planning or research for any necessary info.
- ROUTE ADJUSTMENTS – We will adjust the plan and the route within the same time frame for you, according your personal travel plans and preferences on the difficulty of the day walks, the accommodation type, etc.
- 24h emergency support during the trip;
- GPS unit;
- Transport, accommodation or food expenses;
- Luggage transfers, lift tickets;