A five day hiking tour from a hut to another – except for the first night after Musala, when the accommodation is at the foot of the Rila Lakes. Visit of the main highlights of the Rila National Park – the highest peak of Rila – Mount Musala, the UNESCO site Rila Monastery, the beautiful Seven Rila Lakes and the Malyovitsa peak and valley. The route is well balanced between popular and less popular tracks which allows to see the famous sights and still enjoy the solitude and quietness of the massive Rila range, crossing the mountains on foot from the north to the south.
The route is doable from experienced hikers in good form, with basic experience in navigation and with the proper equipment. The accommodation is up the mountains, in private rooms with private or shared facilities, exception is Malyovitsa Hut where only shared dorms are available.
Day 1: Sofia – Borovets – Mount Musala – Sapareva Banya: ⛰2925m 🕑6:30h
Day 2: Sapareva Banya – Zeleni Preslap – Skakavitsa Waterfall – The Seven Rila Lakes – Vazov Hut ⛰2600m 🕑8:30h
Day 3: Vazov Hut – Malyovitsa Peak – Malyovitsa Hut – Malyovitsa Ski Area: ⛰2729m 🕑7:30h
Day 4: Malyovitsa Hut – The Scary Lake – Kobilino Branishte – The Dry Lake – Kirilova Polyana locality: ⛰2500m 🕑8:30h
Day 5: Kirilova Polyana – Ivan Rilski`s Grave – The Rila Monastery – Sofia 🕑2:30h
- NAVIGATION – all the navigation tools you need to plan and complete this route independently. We provide:
👉 Paper map of the route – send them abroad or to your hotel in Sofia;
👉 Route gpx tracks;
👉 Route notes with important info on the route and general advise;
👉 Assistance in using your navigation tools like smart phone apps, gps unit, installing the tracks, etc.
- CONSULTATION TALK – 1×30 min with us before your tour. We will answer all your questions and doubts, also help you in the preparation, planning or research for any necessary info.
- ROUTE ADJUSTMENTS – We will adjust the plan and the route within the same time frame for you, according your personal travel plans and preferences on the difficulty of the day walks, the accommodation type, etc.
- 24h emergency support during the trip;
- GPS unit;
- Transport, accommodation or food expenses;
- Luggage transfers, lift tickets;