A five-day hut-to-hut trek in the highest parts of Stara Planina (Balkan Mountains) through Central Balkan National Park. This trail is a section of the E3 long distance route. Balkan Mountains offer some of the best thru-hiking in Bulgaria – it is possible to cross the whole country following the long, long ridge of the Balkan – from the Serbian border down to the sea coast. In this itinerary we added the best of the Central Balkan part of the E3 route – the Dobrila-Botev traverse, the peak of Botev and some of the nicest huts to stay on the way. A route that shows the essence of the endless hiking toute along the Balkan main ridge.
Day 1: Beklemeto – Dobrila Hut – 18km, +740/-470m. 🕑6:00h
Day 2: Dobrila Hut – Dobrila-Botev Traverse of the main ridge – Vasil Levski Hut – 16.5km, +950/-1400m 🕑6h
Day 3: Levski Hut – Raj Hut – Rajskoto Pruskalo Waterfall – 10.2km, +970/-700m🕑5:30h
Day 4: Raj Hut – Mount Botev (2376 m) – Tuza Hut 16.5km, +1250/-1150m 🕑7h
Day 5: Tuza Hut – the town of Apriltzi 11.5km, +70/-1030m 🕑2:30h
- NAVIGATION – all the navigation tools you need to plan and complete this route independently. We provide:
👉 Paper map of the route – send them abroad or to your hotel in Sofia;
👉 Route gpx tracks;
👉 Route notes with important info on the route and general advise;
👉 Assistance in using your navigation tools like smart phone apps, gps unit, installing the tracks, etc.
- CONSULTATION TALK – 1×30 min with us before your tour. We will answer all your questions and doubts, also help you in the preparation, planning or research for any necessary info.
- ROUTE ADJUSTMENTS – We will adjust the plan and the route within the same time frame for you, according your personal travel plans and preferences on the difficulty of the day walks, the accommodation type, etc.
- 24h emergency support during the trip;
- GPS unit;
- Transport, accommodation or food expenses;
- Luggage transfers, lift tickets;