This is a one-day winter ascent of the peak of Malyovitsa (2729 m) – an iconic mountain for the Bulgarian alpinism, located in the northwestern Rila Mountains, within the territory of Rila National Park. The program is challenging and is suitable for individuals with some previous hiking and winter walking experience, also possessing all the proper equipment. Suitable period: December to April.
Early start from Sofia. Transfer around 2 hours drive to Malyovitsa training centre – 1750m. Ascend to Malyovitsa Hut-Second Terrace-Elenino Lake-Malyovitsa Peak – 2729m.
Walking time 7–8 hours; +1000/-1000 m.
Note: The route is doable with good weather and snow conditions only. In case of unfavourable conditions the guide will offer an alternative route in the area.
|Snowshoeing ascent of Malyovitsa - 1 day||Price per Person:|
|1 pax||185 EUR|
|2 pax||100 EUR
|3 pax||80 EUR
|4-7 pax||60 EUR
Price includes: certified mountain guide and all the expenses of the guide, the transfers from/to Sofia, insurance, snowshoes&poles hire, all taxes.
Not included: packed lunch, additional equipment hire.
- hiking boots – waterproof and warm, to cover the ankle, with stiff sole;
- water and windproof jacket with hood;
- water and windproof pants;
- warm hat, thin pair of gloves and a pair of warm mittens;
- thermal underwear, light down jacket or a warm fleece;
- sun protection – sun cream, sun glasses, sun hat;
- water bottle or, preferably, flask – 1l;
- snacks, lunch pack;
- Please note that depending on the period, additional equipment might be required – crampons, avalanche safety set.