We offer a 9-day trekking adventure to the highest mountains in Bulgaria and Greece – Rila, Pirin and Olympus mountains. We’ll climb the challenging peaks of Vihren (2914 m, Pirin Mountains) and Mytikas (2917 m, Olympus Mountains), enjoy the area of Belmeken Dam in Rila and see some of the cultural sights of both countries like Dion Archeological Park in Greece and Rila Monastery in Bulgaria.
We follow only tourist trails with some scrambling sections at Olympus Mountains. We’ll do up 7-8 hours walks with up to 1000-1100 meters ascent in some days. No technical difficulty and no special equipment is needed. Minimum previous hiking experience is required, but a very good physical condition and lack of aerophobia is a must to enjoy the walks.
- The second and third highest peaks on the Balkans
- Rila National Park, Pirin National Park and Olympus National Park
- The unique culture, nature and everyday life of two countries – Bulgaria and Greece
Itinerary: Rila, Pirin and Olympus Trekking Program
- The highest peak on the Balkans – Mount Musala in Rila Mountains
- Tymfi Mountains in Northern Pindus, Meteora Monastery Complex, Greece
- A day or two at the Greek seaside
Required equipment: hiking boots, rucksack (35-45 l), trekking poles, water and windproof jacket, rain cover, sun hat, sun lotion, sunglasses, water bottle (1 liter), torch, personal first aid kit.
Contact us for any questions and prices.
Author: Lyuben Grancharov
“The World is a book and those who do not travel read only a page” (Augustine of Hippo). I enjoy filling up the page, called “Bulgaria”, both working as a guide and writing about the mountains of Bulgaria on this blog.